We aim to deliver cost-effective technical, contractual and commercial advice and solutions to add value to energy projects and to drive their efficient delivery.
We advise clients, from the beginning of projects to completion in the following energy sectors:
- Conventional Power
- Renewable energy
- Water conveyance and treatment
- Waste management and treatment
- Oil & gas
- Nuclear Power
Our experience of the respective sectors enables us to advise our clients in the energy sector, including:
- In-house Training for employers, contractors and sub-contractors on all aspects of construction and engineering contracts including the FIDIC forms of contract.
- Advice on risk allocation
- Drafting tailored contracts in the procurement of energy plants projects
- Contract Management, Claim Management
- Dispute resolution, including Arbitration, Adjudication and Litigation
- Appointments on Dispute Avoidance Boards
- Appointments as Adjudicators and Arbitrators
- Provision of legal and commercial advice on and tailored drafting of supply agreements, professional appointments, construction and engineering contracts, collateral warranties and bonds, novation agreements, operation and maintenance agreements, joint venture agreements, consortium agreements
We have extensive experience in dealing with the complex and challenging technical, commercial and legal issues that arise in the procurement, construction and operation of energy and power projects, including simple and combined cycle gas power plants, cogeneration power plants, hydroelectric power plants and geothermal power plants.
We provide assistance to a diverse client profile including financial institutions and multilateral lenders, private equity firms, conventional and renewable power generators, power marketers, project developers, governments and state owned entities, contractors and service companies.
Our experience enables us to advise across the construction and energy sectors on all areas relating to the procurement, regulation, construction and operation of renewable energy sources. These include wind farms, solar plants and waste to energy facilities.
Oil & Gas
We provide full range of legal services to our clients on various transactions related to oil and gas projects such as negotiating sale, purchase and operating agreements, structuring strategic joint ventures and advising on disputes relating to refineries, crude oil and natural gas pipelines, process plants and storage facilities.
Water and Waste
Our team possesses the requisite legal and technical skills to effectively counsel our clients involved in these businesses and the genuine know-how to understand our clients´ challenges and to develop innovative solutions. Our experience in these matters allows us to measure, anticipate and manage our clients' risks whatever the scale of the project.
We advise on transactions related to water supply and conveyance projects, waste management, wastewater management, project development and finance, project tenders, procurement, contracting, regulatory matters, commercial agreements and dispute resolution.